Desktop and Laptop Care+ with 24x7x365 Help Desk
$149.00 / month with a 30-day free trial
Desktop/Laptop Care+ with 24x7x365 Help Desk (per desktop/laptop)
Complete, Professional Support You Will Love.
Through chat, phone and email, AutumnTECH’s Help Desk delivers an unparalleled user experience because our technicians care as much as you do about your business.
One Fixed Monthly Fee For an Unmatched Desktop, Laptop and Help Desk Support.
AutumnTECH’s Help Desk and Desktop Care is available for a fixed monthly fee that’s a fraction of the cost of setting it up yourself. You pay less for more help desk certifications, experience, training and quality control than any in-house operation or automated help desk management software.
• Level 1-3 Remote Support: AutumnTECH Help Desk technicians are skilled in both Level 1 and 2 desktop and server support. Level 3 support is seamlessly escalated to our NOC.
• Level 4 Onsite Support: AutumnTECH provides onsite support within the Northern Virginia region. Outside of our service area? No problem, we have partnerships around the US with other MSP’s that can assist no matter where you business is located.
• Industry-Leading Service: We answer most calls within 60 seconds
AutumnTECH’s Help Desk responds to a wide range of end-user requests. Although our Help Desk supports new user and equipment setups as well as other desktop projects, our first priority is to resolve high priority incidents that impede your businesses ability to work. Therefore, we divide our services into two primary categories:
- Real-Time Requests
- Desktop Project Requests
Focusing on these two types of service:
- Ensures that when you call with a high priority issue, our frontline technicians are available to serve you immediately. (We prefer to work with you while you remain on the call or chat to ensure issues are resolved to your satisfaction, however if you’re not available, we generally offer the opportunity to disconnect from the call while our technicians complete the work.)
- Minimizes the time you spend on the phone while our technicians work, delivering a superior customer experience.
Real-time requests are handled immediately by AutumnTECH Help Desk technicians until resolved unless Level 4 escalation is required. These requests are divided into three categories and addressed in this order:
- High-Priority Problems
- Administrative Tasks
- Application Support
High-priority problems severely impede your ability to work. In some cases, multiple users may be affected. Examples include:
- Email or application crashed or not functioning properly
- Printing issues
- Database connectivity issues
- File and folder access problems
- General hardware failures
- Computer performance problems
- Virus and malware infections*
- Network connectivity failures**
* AutumnTECH’s Help Desk will scan and remove viruses/malware from individual workstations. Where a more widespread infection exists, the NOC will work with the you and Level 4 support to resolve the problem. Note that sites with network infections often require workstations to be physically disconnected from the network to prevent re-infection during cleanup, in which case the NOC’s ability to assist is constrained.
** AutumnTECH’s Help Desk is for end users and is therefore prepared to resolve limited network problems. AutumnTECH’s Help Desk will attempt to isolate a network problem and, if permitted by you, direct you to power-cycle attached devices such as a local router. AutumnTECH’s Help Desk does not change network configurations, including firewalls, nor does it provide support for troubleshooting or power-cycling network gear found in server rooms or data centers.
In certain cases, we may recommend performing the work at night so your employee and their workstation are not in use during business hours. For example, if the employee is experiencing moderate performance problems or has a minor virus or malware problem, we will coordinate with the employee to schedule the diagnosis and remediation after working hours. When difficult server-related problems are identified, the Help Desk will engage AutumnTECH’s NOC, which specializes in server troubleshooting and remediation.
Administrative tasks include:
- Single user account and group creation
- Mailbox and distribution list creation
- Password resets and unlocking of domain accounts
- File and folder permission changes
- Microsoft Outlook profile set-ups
- Mobile device email setup and configurations along with email, contact, and calendar synchronization troubleshooting
- File and folder restores* (Microsoft Shadow Copy, and VERITAS/Symantec Backup Exec 8.0 or later only)
*Please note that for file and folder restores:
- The Help Desk will only restore files or folders the client user has access to and will not restore files or folders of another user.
- The Help Desk will not restore files or folders to the original location with the potential to overwrite other files accidentally. Instead the Help Desk will create a new restored file or folder in an alternate location, typically on the machine’s desktop.
- The Help Desk will not do any virtualizations, policy changes, or changes to any other configurations on a backup appliance.
Although the Help Desk responds immediately to most administrative tasks, more complex tasks such as new workstation setups may be treated as Desktop Project Requests.
Application support includes:
- Common Desktop Applications: (See Supported Operating Systems and Software below for examples.) AutumnTECH’s Help Desk provides in-depth troubleshooting and assistance for these applications and draws on a wide range of resources, including our Help Desk knowledge base. Although the Help Desk does not provide end-user training, technicians will assist users with simple queries such as how to print from a specific application or how to add a signature block to an email.
- Line-of-Business and Proprietary Applications: Although many of these applications are supported using the same resources described above for common applications, the Help Desk may be limited with less-common applications and will rely more heavily on partners to provide relevant reference documentation in the ITSupport Portal (in Admin → Reference). Technicians will not contact third-party vendors for support.
Supported Operating Systems and Software
AutumnTECH’s Help Desk supports a wide range of commonly used desktop software products, many of which are listed below. The Help Desk fully supports desktops, laptops, thin clients, and printers and provides limited support for tablets, smart phones, and local networks. For details about line-of-business and proprietary applications, see Application Support above for more details.
- Windows XP
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 10
- Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
- Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion)
- Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion)
- Mac OS X 10.9 (Mavericks)
- Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite)
- Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan)
- MacOS 10.12 (Sierra)
* AutumnTECH’s Help Desk will not install or migrate operating systems because of the risk of data loss. Also, Microsoft discontinued Windows XP support as of April 8, 2014, and most other vendors have since discontinued support.
- Microsoft Office 2003
- Microsoft Office 2007
- Microsoft Office 2010
- Microsoft Office 2013
- Microsoft Office 2016
* Includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access.
- Microsoft Outlook XP
- Microsoft Outlook 2003
- Microsoft Outlook 2007
- Microsoft Outlook 2010
- Microsoft Outlook 2013
- Microsoft Office 365
- Microsoft Windows Mail App
- Google Apps
- Mac Mail
- Google Chrome
- Internet Explorer 7 or later
- Mozilla Firefox